9:30 a.m. & 11:00 a.m.
- August 5: Live A Good Life - Making Sense of the Journey - Part 20
- August 12: Live A Good Life - Making Sense of the Journey - Conclusion
- August 19: Reach Out Like Jesus - The Gospel of Mark
- August 26: Reach Out Like Jesus - The Gospel of Mark
9:30 a.m. Sunday School for toddlers through High School.
10:30 - 11:00 a.m. Children's Music Class
11:00 a.m. Children's Church
Adult Education Classes
July through September
9:30 - 10:30 a.m.
- Leviticus: A Celebration of Grace - Joshua Spencer and Bobby Locklear (Room 5-A)
Leviticus will provide us opportunity to explore the law and its application in the Old Testament, in addition to understanding more clearly the heart and character of God. If Leviticus is a hurdle for your reading of Scripture, this class should help! Having a good understanding of Leviticus will (1) aid our understanding and interpreting the rest of the Bible (2) deepen our historical basis for Christian ethics (3) ward off the tendency toward legalism through a proper use of the Jewish law today and (4) encourage a more intimate understanding of the heart and character of God as revealed through the law, centered in the Day of Atonement. (5) It also provides answers for apologetic questions aimed at the OT Law and (6) encourages people to read their Bibles.
The Life of Christ: A Walk Through the Gospels - Brian Wheeler (Library)
Join us on a journey through the four gospels and a virtual walk through first century Israel as we study Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. We will examine the life and ministry of Jesus in chronological order and historical context and learn anew the teachings of our Lord and Savior.
11:00 - 12:00 p.m.
- Systematic Theology: Theology Proper - Chris Wittlinger (Room 3)
Martin Luther once said, "We are all called theologians, just as we are called Christians." Theology isn't reserved for the academic elite...it can't be. As Christians, our knowledge of God must be the foundation upon which our pursuit of Him is built. Join us as we look at who God is, with a heavy emphasis on why it matters and how it affects our daily walk. Theology is about life, and it is a conversation we can't afford to ignore.
- Back to Basics: Spiritual Disciplines - Renate Reiner (Library)
Whether we have known the Lord for many years or have just become new Christians, we all need discipline for the Christian Life. This class will address those disciplines necessary to our walk with God. We'll start with Bible intake and prayer, navigate through evangelism and service and round it out with learning and persevering in the disciplines with several others in between. Come join us as we grow together.
Sunday Night Seminars - 6:30 p.m.
- August 5: Contend for the Faith: The Letter of Jude
- August 12: Contend for the Faith: The Letter of Jude
- August 19: Care Groups, no evening services
- August 26: How to Disagree Agreeably (Part 1 of 3)
Also at 6:30 p.m.
- Senior High (grades 9-12) meet in the youth room
- Junior Teens (grades 6-8) meet in room 4
Mid-week Worship (7:00 p.m.)
- August 1: Joy in the Struggle: Philippians 4:4-5
- August 8: Joy in the Struggle: Philippians 4:6-7
- August 15: Joy in the Struggle: Philippians 4:8-9
- August 22: Joy in the Struggle: Philippians 4:10-13
- August 29: Joy in the Struggle: Philippians 4:14-19
Also at 7:00 p.m.
- College & Career: Crossroads Bible Study
- Senior High Bible Study
- Junior Teen Group Bible Study
- Kids Classics Club