Live with the End in View
"Making Sense of the Voices"
May 20, 2018
Read Ecclesiastes 7:1-13
- In these verses, Solomon uses the word “better” to make several contrasts. Which one(s) of these contrasts has the most meaning to you? How has your life reflected this contrast?
- According to Solomon (v1) the “day of death is better than the day of birth.” What does Solomon mean by this contrast? How did Pastor Rich explain this in the sermon? How are these two ideas related to “Reality” vs. “Potential”?
- What are the benefits of “a good name;” “a patient spirit”?
- What are the risks of being bitter at life?
- How would you share with someone else that the wisdom God gives is better than money when facing the realities of life? (v11-12)
For personal reflection: So…what voices are you listening to?